Internet Seach Company

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
simiinsuranceguy
Insurance Journal Addict

Internet Seach Company

Post by simiinsuranceguy »

We have a very nice website but get very little traffic as we do not come up anywhere near the top when we search Google for insurance in our area.
I know that there are numerous companies out there that for a price will work to have our website appear first in any Google searchs. However, I do not know the names and reputations of the companies.
Could someone out there that has used these Companies let me know which one seems to work the best and what your experience with them was?
AlstonCPCU
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Internet Seach Company

Post by AlstonCPCU »

Check these guys out:

www.slapmarketing.com

They specialize in SEO or "Search Engine Optimization" and they're affordable.
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

Hiring your own SEO consultant or guru that will be on your office in work time is better than outsourcing to SEO firms.
robmejia
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by robmejia »

Yeah I agree with chizcurl. It's better to have an in-house SEO so your website can be optimized thoroughly and continuously. It might also be necessary to revamp your website because metatags must be established before creating a site.
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

Yes and there must be a strategic plan in executing SEO for your website like keyword research and analysis. You will need to identify first the keywords that you need to target which will give you traffic as well as leads.
sethm
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sethm »

What your ultimate goal and marketing budget? If you have enough budget, it's a good idea to hire an SEO company that specializes in optimizing insurance sites, attracting a target audience and gathering insurance leads. These are some of the things you need to consider.
jdwebb
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jdwebb »

If SEO companies promise immediate results, they are typically using "black hat" SEO methods. That is, spamming forums with your links, or, buying links from high PR sites to generate artificial results. In the end, your site can suffer through penalty, or, banned pages.

To increase your ranking organically, to last, its easy. Make sure you include your keywords in the body of your page, in the head metatag, in your advertising links, and use keywords that an average person would search for. Your biggest challenge is competing with the big insurers of the world who pay lot's of advertising dollars to ensure their page stays higher than your's.

One thing that has worked well for us early is having a seperate marketing page from our main page. For example, instead of having billjohnsinsurance.com (not mine by the way)...you would have idahoinsurancequote as your marketing page (could be .com, .net, .biz, whatever), then, load your page with these keywords with good content.
Jason D. Webb
Pacific Crest Insurance
www.pacificcrestinsurance.com