Meals on wheels - insured with Farmers currently

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Meals on wheels - insured with Farmers currently

Post by meytai »

I have a meals on wheels service that wants to move their account.. but i do not know who to write this through.. i have access to AgentSecure.. and they don't have markets that will write this

He needs CGL, Auto liability with the non-owned option, umbrella and workers comp..

The underwriter i usually write with says that Hartford or Golden Eagle.. any other markets or suggestions from people with experience?
centex
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Meals on wheels - insured with Farmers currently

Post by centex »

Philafelphia Insurance? Gateway Specialty Insurance? Both do NFP - not sure on M on W's
martylebson
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by martylebson »

I have a non-profit in NJ with a meals on wheels program with Philadelphia.
Marty
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

Why does the insured want to move their account? I can't believe no one else wonders this first....before doing anything else. Is this a real opportunity? Or is the insured having claims or payment issues, and wants to move? Call me cynical, but when an insured actually knows the name of their insurance company, it makes me wonder which of the 2 problems they have had in the past - claim or payment issues.

Meytai, I would probably not be as cynical as me, but maybe find out what is driving the prospect to look around for new coverage, and do that before you spend alot of time looking for replacement markets.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by meytai »

hi ladybroker

Thanks for your responses.. and everyone else as well.. Philadelphia seems to be the market to take this on.

Well.. it turns out that their current Farmers agent moved to his home office.. and now it has become a service issues.. he can't get his certs in time.. and this customer is also a family friend.. and also says i can't do business with someone who doesn't have an office.

That being said.. does anyone know what fax number to get loss runs for Farmers? because i know i'm not going to get that out of the incumbent agent

uni
SFOInsuranceLady
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by SFOInsuranceLady »

Meytai,

Not sure what State you are in, but in California, you have to request the loss runs from your insured and the insured in turn must contact Farmers for the runs. By law, they have to provide these within 10 days to the insured. I work with Philadelphia and you can ask them for a quote subject to the loss runs. This way you and Philadelphia can get started underwriting the risk and not waste so much time. Just my two cents worth......
Eagleeye
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Eagleeye »

Meytai, I wanted to let you know that if you have the client go to ANY Farmers agent they can get the loss runs for them. Any Farmers agent has access to this information and can print it off for any account. They just can't make changes or cancel a policy. They can take a cancel form and send it into the home office for Farmers for processing if that helps you any. As for a company that is going to do Meals on Wheels, you will have to check with a brokerage firm unless you have a reginal small company that likes Non-Profits. I hope this information helps you.