What licenses are needed to insure commercial lines

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
biggboy55
Insurance Journal Fan

What licenses are needed to insure commercial lines

Post by biggboy55 »

I want to specialize in commercial lines of insurance, as far as health, unemployment, liability...etc. What licenses do I need to be able to do them.

Also can you give me some examples of what the commissions are like for this type business (commercial lines). How do you attract new businesses, and keep them. Thank you!
Big Dog
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: What licenses are needed to insure commercial lines

Post by Big Dog »

Not to come down too hard on you, but....if you haven't checked your state's Department of Insurance website, that's the best place to start. Each state varies by its licensing requirements.

I'd also suggest that you consider working FOR a local/regional insurance agency rather than going it alone. By the questions in your various posts, it sounds like you're completely unfamiliar with the industry.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

Have to agree with Big Dog's comments, you might want to do some homework first on the industry. If you are really interested in insurance, contact one of the larger brokerage houses in your area, and try to get in there. ONce you get familiar with coverages and how it all works, you'll be in a better position to consider whether you want to be an independent agent.

Good luck!
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
biggboy55
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by biggboy55 »

thank you