Paying for leads

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

DFresh
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Paying for leads

Post by DFresh »

Anyone pay for leads provided by Mortgage and Real Estate Agents? I'm in Arkansas and don't see anything on the Insurance Departments website regarding the legality of this. (I'm talking about a $10 to $20 gift card per lead)
assurance
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by assurance »

I do not know about Real Estate I know in the insurance field you cannot give any kind of cash rebates. You can though give out gift cards. I do not know the fine line of the gift card. I know there are some VISA gift cards that can be used anywhere. Regular gift cards to Starbucks or a specific store are totally fine. The term that you want to look for on the government website is "rebating".
scott
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by scott »

Call your insurance department and ask the question. Confirm the regulator's answer in writing.

I'd question the quality, long-term, of the leads you will get from such a plan.
Scott Simmonds, CPCU, ARM
Insurance Consultant
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

paying for leads

Post by wlunday »

I agree with Scott. You'd be better off to join the associations that can generate the leads you want, and then reciprocate with referrals as well.

Join the local board of realtors. The agents and the mortgage brokers all belong.

Host a cocktail party, at your home, office, or at a high class local watering hole. Be specific about whom you invite!

If you send newsletters, or even an annual client letter, allow different centers of influence to add a little note or, better yet, you say something nice about them in the mailer.

Also, there are lots of different networking groups, tip clubs and such designed to help everyone involved be successful. Join in. If nothing else, it will get you out of your chair and make for a more interesting career! Good Luck!

Happy Holidays to all!

Swymmer