Superior Access

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Superior Access

Post by pita3333 »

Wondering if there is any new feedback about Superior Access? Specifically if their customer service after the sale has improved.

I am looking for a single point market access with online rating ability for comm auto, wc and small property/im. THey have some of this...but my past (not so recent) experience with them was horrible!

Thanks in advance..
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Consultant/Trainer agency automation system

Industry since 82

Past: Compliance Mgr master pol pgm, Ops Mgr, Marketing Mgr, Account Mgr
steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Superior Access

Post by steve32 »

Superior Access has really improved recently. Their customer service and response times have gotten much better. I would recommend them...

Do you use another MGA right now?
foxyagent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by foxyagent »

From what I heard at trade shows they have gotten worse and their fees have gone up to $100.00 a month. I heard they laid off over 50 people also. Be very careful signing up with them it is hard to get out of the contract.
yotes fan
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by yotes fan »

I just signed up with them last month, their fee is $25 a month now.
foxyagent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by foxyagent »

I went to their site to sign up and then called in and was told that their fee is now monthly fee is $100.00.
yotes fan

Post by yotes fan »

they called me thursday, they now have an optional commsission system that pays you more, but it cost $100 a month, I do not use them much so I kept the $25 a month fee.
foxyagent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by foxyagent »

On April 8th 2006, the California Department of Insurance (CDI) announced that it has begun legal proceedings against The Hartford Insurance Group, alleging that the company charged illegal fees.

The CDI contends that Superior Access Insurance Services Inc., with Hartford's knowledge, added unapproved fees to the premium Hartford is allowed to charge by law on workers compensation and commercial policies.

In a letter to Insurance Journal, the company said: "Superior Access is an insurance wholesale intermediary. In that capacity, Superior Access has never charged an insurance customer any fees or premiums. All Superior Access business is conducted solely with licensed insurance brokers and not with insurance customers. Fees charged to brokers are not required to be filed with the CDI as part of the insurer's rate filing.

"Under broker fee regulations enacted by the California Insurance Commissioner, fees are expressly excluded from the regulations. Transaction fees are regularly charged by wholesalers to brokers for services rendered.

"Superior Access is dedicated to providing quality service and insurance products to insurance brokers. The company is working diligently with regulators and legal counsel to resolve the allegations raised by the CDI."
yotes fan

Post by yotes fan »

I change my opinion, of S.A. They suck my left nut. I have waited 4 weeks for a financing plan from them, They came back with a quote of X dollars and told me how much the down would be, but after 4 weeks, I am still waiting for a monthly payment amount....

needless to say, I am pretty damn sure that client is gone....

their down payment was less than any other finance compnay i have access to, so I was trying to go with theirs...

I will cancel my contract with S. A. This is TOTALLY UNACCESSABLE, I will not do business with someone like them.
insbroker
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by insbroker »

is there another GA that you guys would recommend?
i was thinking of giving SA a try but I'm not sure now.
do you know if they have binding authority?
thank's in advanced.
ccba33
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Superior Access Ins Svcs

Post by ccba33 »

I was recently sold on the SAIS $100 per month plan that replaced the $25 per month plan I was on for awhile, but was never able to write a piece of business with them. I was told how wonderful they had become and I'm going to get more commission than before. As far as I know, they don't want to write anything and I'm thinking I would just cancel my relationship with them. I've been an agent since 1981 and was told today by my account executive that I am doing something wrong, is why their website continues to tell me whatever I want to write in Missouri doesn't qualify for their programs.

I would like to write commercial more than personal lines, but SAIS just doesn't seem to do the job for me. I had it out today with my account representative and he suggested that I give him information on who I want to write and he will get the eligibility approved for the ones that fit their programs. I will give them this opportunity to redeem themselves and post the results when they find time to get back to me. Anyone know who is a legitimate GA outlet that will provide responsible carriers that write more than just main street BOP business, with decent commissions and let me bind coverage? I would appreciate it if you would contact me. Thank you!

Ray Walsh
Email: ccba33@aim.com
ckerrigan
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ckerrigan »

Good Morning All ~

I wanted to let you all know that we are an MGA in California and do have programs that are open in other states. Please check out our website at:

http://www.tangramins.com

My Contact Information:

Christina Kerrigan ~ Marketing Associate
1-800-676-2213 *672
707-775-2672

We pay out commissions and do not charge YOU any BROKER FEE's or Monthly fee's to use our services. We do have BOP markets and other programs where we have the underwriters and the pen in house.

We are trying to make it easier for you to use us and we will be implementing online applications, but that is currently under construction.

Our submissions email address is: submissions@tangramins.com

Thank you all and have a great & prosperous NEW YEAR in 2009! :D
ED3771316
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by ED3771316 »

If you are in the Midwest, try Midwest Insurance Brokerage Services. Arlington Heights, IL. 1-847-427-8000.

Perry is the Principle.
pbrian
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by pbrian »

Be very careful when doing business with Superior Access Insurance Services. They have a very poor reputation when it comes to honesty and have suffered from numerous lawsuits.

Superior Access latest scheme is that they are now opening their own retail offices. They have also made many new changes to their agent contracts, probably to allow for their new retail business model.

Watch your book of business carefully if you are working with Superior Access Insurance Services, because that book may no longer be yours in the future! I recommend only dealing with reputably honest organizations.
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by volstrike3 »

I can vouch for Tangram, ATM and Abram Interstate in CA. Appaliachian Underwriters is good in most states. I would avoid SA and Networked.
agent998
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by agent998 »

Pita-

Don't know if this helps or if I'm too late but I just switched from SA due to horrible customer service. I am now with Agent Secure and much happier. They're quoting system is a little more of a pain but when I call them someone answers and helps me with a question, in fact they actually give me an answer and don't tell me to wait for a callback. Plus when it comes to binding, it is done basically right then and there, no waiting for them to get off their a$$ and do something. I would look into Agent Secure, they work with you and they are less expensive. Hope this helps