Nova Contractors Program

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

SFINS
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Nova Contractors Program

Post by SFINS »

Does anyone know of any MGA's in CA that have access to the NOVA Casualty artisan contractor's program?
NDA
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Nova Contractors Program

Post by NDA »

Nova Casualty does not appear on the California LESLIE list (as of June) so they would appear to not be approved as a surplus lines carrier, nor do they appear on the CDI website as a licensed admitted carrier.
SFINS
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by SFINS »

They actually do show up on the DOI website. They were authorized to transact in CA in August of 06.

They are out of NY and part of AIX Group. I'm pretty sure that the program is on admitted paper. We have access to them for comp, but I don't know of any GA's with access to the GL program.
Doxa
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Doxa »

I have a question: what is the LESLIE list? Please also let me know how to access it if it is open to all.
Turnerr3
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Turnerr3 »

The Nova Program in California has Admitted capabilities. The Program is limited to Residential Homebuilders and is only available in California. The MGU is Phoenix Underwriters. Good luck with your search.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

The LESLI list is the List of Eligible Surplus Lines Insurers that is published by the California Department of Insurance. Typically we don't use a carrier who is not on this list. You can find it on the Department's website.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."