CPCU vs. ARM

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Ensurance
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: CPCU vs. ARM

Post by Ensurance »

I am currently beginning my studies for the ARM. How long should I take to study for each test? Also, what qualifies as a pass? Do you have to score above a certain percentage (pass/fail), or do you get a grade (A,B,C,D)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Victoria860
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Victoria860 »

A pass is usually a score of 70% or better. As for studying, you will be the best one to determine how much time you need to prepare for the exam. I recently read an article that said one of the best ways to begin is to go over practice tests or quizzes to see where you could use more time and then it also allows you to see which areas you are strong in.
Victoria Lovinggood, ACSR, CISR, CPIW, CRIS, DAE
prezzoo

Post by prezzoo »

What credits are given toward the CPCU when the ARM is completed?
Victoria860

Post by Victoria860 »

The best way to determine if there are waivers available is to go directly to the AICPCU website at http://www.aicpcu.org. However in pulling up the chart unless you matriculated into the CPCU program by June of 1992 and completed the program by December 15, 2002, the ARM no longer is available as a waiver for a CPCU course. But if you did matriculate before June of 1992 and finished the ARM by December 15, 2002 then the waiver is for the CPCU 510.
Victoria Lovinggood, ACSR, CISR, CPIW, CRIS, DAE
George O'Neil
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by George O'Neil »

As noted the best way to determine credits are the institutes - - they have a toll free number for such questions. Better to determine their current policy rather than depend on secondary sources.