New Agency need management system and raters

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

NewSocalAgent
Insurance Journal Fan

New Agency need management system and raters

Post by NewSocalAgent »

I am a new independent with 10 years of captive agent experience.
I am in the process of selecting a new Agency Management system and rater for my new office. I signed up for FSC and Hawksoft and I am very disappointed, it is so difficult to use. The difficulty is in the bridging of the two softwares, each company blames the other as well as it took an Insurance company trainer (embarrassing) to help fix it. The trainer was also nice enough to refer me to Quomation. I contacted Quomation and was able to test drive it for a couple of weeks. I am very happy with the results! My staff and I were able to learn it in just two days! It is easy and efficient with common sense applications. Has anyone had a similar experience with Hawksoft and FSC? Hawksoft will not let me out of the contract without eating the license fee of 2000.00 FSC was however was very cordial about terminating the agreement. FSC also charges 25.00 per user fee and Quomation includes 10 users for 99.00 for their rater. Quotation’s management software is 99.00 a month as well. I have cut my costs by two thirds! Quomation is also real time with all the preferred carriers I have and takes fewer steps to input the information. ( not as redundant in the customer profile section) Quomation has all the same features that I am interested in and works with Netquote and other leads. I did look into EZLinks and they only have a rater. I feel having the Management system and rater with one company gives me a huge advantage. I have heard Quomation has been in business for over 10 Years and is in over 30 states. They have only been in CA for three months. I have no choice but to eat $2000.00 Hawksoft fee, the difference in price is worth it. I am still researching a replacement for Hawksoft and FSC. Any helpful Suggestions appreciated?
CATHIEA
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: New Agency need management system and raters

Post by CATHIEA »

When I opened my agency I asked an agent who had been in the biz a long time to recommend an agency management system that was user friendly and would not cost me an arm & leg. I have been quite happy with the same system for the past 10 years. My recommendation is a little company called AMSOFT. You can actually talk to the owner / programmer if you have an issue.... check it out on the web amsoft.com
ngudgell
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by ngudgell »

Hawksoft is not a well known mgmt system yet. I consider Hawksoft to be a great mgmt system. The system is easily maneuvered through, the customer profiles are detailed, and the report capabilities are great. They are in compliance with ISO/Acord, so most carriers download to Hawksoft. I would contact them and try it them out.

When I was on the carrier side of the industry agencies would ask me frequently what system I would recommend. I suggest make a list of what you want the mgmt system to do for you, and then interview them all to ensure you the capabilities that are most important to your agency.
carlos gil
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by carlos gil »

NewSocalAgent how is it working for Quomation.

Nice marketing piece.
NewSocalAgent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by NewSocalAgent »

Hawksoft and FSC out! Quomation is in!
I am happy to say Quomation is hands down a better program! We highly recommend it! If you are a new independent agent coming from the captured side like we did you will find Quomation has a higher standard of customer service that you are use to. It is great to see the status quo that has had limited options in this arena finally have some serious competition. The two programs are a better value and have more up to date features. Pong has finally been surpassed by Nintendo. If you are looking for agency management software and a compatible rater that is affordable and easy to use then Quomation is the answer. I have been reading Insurance journal to get tips and advice to go independent for years. I have taken the plunge and find it to be the best business decision I have ever made. I was referred to Quomation by a preferred Insurance company sales rep that understands how selling agents think. Thank you for all the Insurance Journal advice and input over the years. I happy to offer some good sound valuable advice in return ... Take a test drive with Quomation before you commit to any other management system or rater you will be impressed.