Looking for specific quoting software

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Advisor
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Looking for specific quoting software

Post by Advisor »

I'm researching quoting software that could be used to allow an agent to enter quote information through one site program and get the company quotes back. The end result is the ability of the agent to enterr information one time and get quotes back from multiple companies. The alternative would be preparing the qute information and sending it separately to each company, getting the results back, and manually comparing the results.

Does anyone have any links or information they could share about this? Thanks!
Advisor

Re: Looking for specific quoting software

Post by Advisor »

Just some additional info that I came across. Some examples of what I'm looking for include EZ Lynx, Semcat, etc.

Also, would really like to know opinions, pros, cons, etc. from anyone using this type of program.

Thanks.
JasonBHBCo
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JasonBHBCo »

Some great resources for this can be found on the industry-wide Real Time website:
www.getrealtime.org

Regards, Jason
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by wlunday »

Advisor, if you do get into one of these SEMCI programs make sure they include enough detail for each carrier you choose to get numbers from. For instance, if you go to Progressive.com and use their "get rates from all the popular carriers"... they purposly don't have all the data fields for each carrier available. This will stop you from receiving specific discounts like an account credit, anti-lock brake credit... you get the idea. If you can't put the info in... you'll get bad numbers back out. And, the only way you'll even know you are missing these credits is to be familure with the carrier's rating programs... I've looked at a bunch of these (well, several anyway), and it is all the same... "use us to get an indication of which carrier is best for the client... then use the carrier's rater to fine-tune the offer. Heck, we almost always KNOW which carrier is going to do the best job after the fact-finding is finished!

Good Luck. If you find one that does what it should... Let us all know!

Wishing you the best in 2010!

Wayne Lunday, LUTCF, CLU, ChFC
mica.cooper
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mica.cooper »

This is what you find in management systems and raters alike: they bundle the data into a set ACORD tar ball and send it off. Regardless of the requirements of the carrier, they just send it. Every carrier is different and has different requirements for a minimum set of data. Sooo....

What you will find is that you will get rates for maybe 3 out of 10 companies requested, and a link for the other 7 where you can go to their site, and add the missing data. (and the ones that return a rate are still missing data and inaccurate)

Why do the so-called semci companies not figure out what it would takes to get a rate 10 out of 10 times? Cost. One of the largest just had a 10% reduction in staff. They are not going to do more. It would require highly skilled programmers with a deep experience of insurance knowledge .... $$$

I know of only one company that does it all and does it right, and thats it.
Mike @ Epic-Premier
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Mike @ Epic-Premier »

Advisor,

Not sure if you have found a quoting system yet, but you may want to check out these sites for the tools they offer.
www.adtsservices.com
www.appulate.com

Looks like they have some "pre-fill" systems that might help reduce duplicate form entries.
Value sales
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Value sales »

I strongly suggest EZLynx. You can obtain a demo from them. It offers so many options above and beyond JUST quoting....

I have been in the industry for 27 years, and this is the finest product I have seen in all the years.

Once you see the demo, feel free to contact me if you have other questions.
graywalkertx
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by graywalkertx »

I've been a user of EZLynx for years now. I've tried others but they just don't compare. EZLynx is the fastest and most accurate one out there. The thing I love most though is that it integrates with my website. I've got a link on my website to collect leads. On my business card, I direct prospects to the website for a free quote. They fill it out, it goes directly into my EZLynx account. There is both a "live" version and regular lead gathering version, so you can decide to show or not show live real-time rates to consumers. I just recently turned the live version on. On the final page with the quotes, there is a "contact me" button that the consumer clicks. I get emailed with the rates they saw and which one they want me to call them about. It's pretty slick.

Even if you decide not to use the consumer portal features in EZLynx, you'll quickly see why EZLynx is superior. For me, it's all about service. At my agency we pride ourselves on customer service. They do the same - you just don't get the kind of customer service that they provide anywhere else. These guys get it...

Just give it a try. It's free and there is nothing to install. It's all web-based so my tech guy didn't even have to get involved.

http://www.ezlynx.com
Dennis_Klemmer
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Dennis_Klemmer »

Our agency has used EZLynx for a number of years. Prior to EZLynx, we used Multico.

EZLynx accesses each carrier's web site "behind the scenes" real-time while you are quoting. Carrier specific questions are asked prior to submitting to the various carriers. We find the quote scenarios for auto and home allows our agency to offer various options without having to go back and re-quote multiple times. Auto and home quotes can be done at the same time in one request. Then, clicking on the carrier log-in allows the quote to be sold with a few key strokes.

Our agency recently added EZLynx's Consumer Portal to our web site. Prospects or clients can get a quote 24 hours a day. We receive instant notice of the activity and follow up.

EZLynx's user support team is very responsive.
aharmon

Post by aharmon »

Hello, I am with QQ Solutions. We currently have auto comparative rating systems in Florida, Texas, and Georgia with more states coming soon. Our agency management systems are available in all states.

If your are in the state of Florida we have a great 100% Web-based online auto insurance
comparative rater. QQ WebRater quotes up to 6 cars & 6 drivers, provides real-­‐time rates, pulls MVRs, as well as binds policies, bridges to carriers and provides seamless integration with the QQ Evolution agency management system.
QQ WebRater Platinum features our exclusive customizable Consumer Quoting Web Widget complete with lead management dashboard, to add real-­time auto insurance quoting capabilities to your agency’s Web site.

In Texas an Georgia we currently have our comparative rating product QuickQuote. We will soon be introducing QQ WebRater to Texas with more states to follow.

For more information please visit our Web site www.QQSolutions.com.
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by volstrike3 »

I switched from FSC to Ezlynx 3 months ago and I could not be happier. They provide real time, accurate rates and offer live quotes on your website for no additional cost. I often had trouble getting rates to match up on FSC after I had bridged them over to the carrier website. Ezlynx is a superior product at a significantly lower price.