Final Expense Insurance

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

bookra43
Insurance Journal Fan

Final Expense Insurance

Post by bookra43 »

I am a relatively new Independent Agent with approx. 3 years experience strictly in the Medicare Advantage field.
With all the crazy new rules & regulations popping up every time you turn around I would like to slowly phase myself out or limit my MA time and am looking for another field to start writing in.

The FMO I am writing thru is pushing FINAL EXPENSE insurance---the 3 companies he offers are Foresters, Motorists & Presidential.
My question is how lucrative is the Final Expense market if at all compared to other markets? Any opinions PRO or CON would be appreciated.

Thank you,
bookra
Big Dog
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Final Expense Insurance

Post by Big Dog »

Is the only concern how "lucrative" the market is, or is there any concern as to whether it's a good idea for the client?
inscopywriter
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by inscopywriter »

Not super-lucrative, but can be a nice bonus. Here are some things you'll probably end up discussing with people if you want them to do anything other than just sign some sort of a credit card add-on contract: Is Funeral Insurance For You. Here's another one discussing the benefits from the agent side: Life Ends. Get Burial Coverage.
FFA
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by FFA »

Funny how this topic comes up ...

I was at a home show last week. Funeral Expense coverage was the most frequently discussed topic by people that stopped by my booth.
bookra43
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by bookra43 »

Maybe my choice of the word "lucrative" was a little misleading. What I am asking is it a good market to get into compared to other markets such as Health etc.

Thanks bookra