Looking for an Ohio Insurance Carrier/MarketSource

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

gc144
Insurance Journal Fan

Looking for an Ohio Insurance Carrier/MarketSource

Post by gc144 »

I am a small agency in Ohio who is looking for a new carrier to add to my agency. I am eliminating a current carrier due to several issues, and need to find a new one that is competitive in both personal lines and small commercial businesses. It would be a bonus if the carrier has a strong aptitude to metalworking businesses. I have a book-of-business of around $500,000 that will need to be moved. While I do have other carriers (one major and one minor), I feel that I need another one to help with this book-of-business rollover. Any suggestions?

I am also looking into joining PIA's MarketSource. If anyone has an opinion on MarketSource, it would be appreciated.
michga11
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Looking for an Ohio Insurance Carrier/MarketSource

Post by michga11 »

bump. good read.
wsouth44
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by wsouth44 »

GC: While I don't have an opinion about MarketSource, I have another option for you, if you're interested. The Iroquois Group has more than 100 agencies in Ohio. Their web site is www.iroquoisgroup.com.
Tim Hoelle
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Tim Hoelle »

You also might consider talking wth the Keystone Group about carrier access and benefits.

And if you need help brokering some of this business that doesn't fit your standard markets I'd love to talk with you.
Pathway
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Pathway »

Check out Grange insurance based out of Columbus Ohio. They have excellent personal lines and commercial lines and will accommodate the risks you mentioned.

We are located in Cincinnati and have been with Grange for four years. www.pathwayinsurance.net
C Gano
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by C Gano »

gc144 wrote:I am a small agency in Ohio who is looking for a new carrier to add to my agency. I am eliminating a current carrier due to several issues, and need to find a new one that is competitive in both personal lines and small commercial businesses. It would be a bonus if the carrier has a strong aptitude to metalworking businesses. I have a book-of-business of around $500,000 that will need to be moved. While I do have other carriers (one major and one minor), I feel that I need another one to help with this book-of-business rollover. Any suggestions?

I am also looking into joining PIA's MarketSource. If anyone has an opinion on MarketSource, it would be appreciated.
Try United Independent Agency Alliance at agencyalliance.net