Insurance Agents' E&O

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

GRCinCA
Insurance Journal Addict

Insurance Agents' E&O

Post by GRCinCA »

Does anyone have anything to share regarding their E&O coverage? I may very well have to purchase E&O for my smaller agency in the next 2-3 months and any feedback would be appreciated. Specifically, who is your carrier? Who did you buy the policy through - direct or through a broker? What are the strong points of your policy? What exclusions and conditions should I look out for? I look forward to the feedback and comments!
Greg Culley
Culley Insurance Services
http://www.culleyinsurance.com
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Insurance Agents' E&O

Post by d's insurance store »

Greg, if you truely mean a 'small agency', then there's not a lot of market play...you're going to be limited to just a couple of major players that dabble in the 'mom and pop' category.

If you've got a clean record, there should be no problem getting something in the admitted market.

You make it seem as though you've never bought this stuff before...is that the case?

Check out some of your commercial carriers...they may offer it...or check out some agent associations...they too make it available sometimes to non members. I'm in California, and I get solicited via direct and email all year long from agencies anxious to get my E&O business...I'd be surpirsed if you aren't solicited too.
PatrickIan
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PatrickIan »

Get this Life and Health E&O (for qualified Agents) http://www.eoforless.com/life Best deal on the web. :P :lol:
Vic
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Vic »

Try www.broprog.com I am a new agency with 22 years exp. and my premium was about $1,400.00
Good luck