CPCU classes vs. CLU classes

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

bjwestner
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: CPCU classes vs. CLU classes

Post by bjwestner »

PatsFan - I obtained my CLU first and am now going through the CPCU classes.

I found the CLU classes to be easier than the CPCU exams. The content is hard for both, but the way the American College has their program set up, I like it better than the Institutes. The American College has a place online where you can take multiple quizzes on each chapter to reinforce what you learn. Also, they have the audio cd's which I found to be very valuable in listening to when driving to and from work.

All CLU exams are multiple choice.

Good luck!
PatsFan2001
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PatsFan2001 »

Thanks, bjw!
PatsFan2001
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PatsFan2001 »

One other question... for the life of me I can not find a list of sites for future CLU conferment ceremonies. I know this year's "knowledge summit" as they call it is in Las Vegas, but I can't see any list of future cities anywhere (such as the institutes maintain on their website for the CPCU conferment sites).

That would be a big incentive for me as my company would pay to send me (and my wife) to the ceremony. If the ceremony is in Palookaville, USA in 20XX and in Honolulu in 20XY, I can plan my course of studies accordingly.

ALSO... bjw (or anyone else) can you provide any input on the FLMI designation program offered by LOMA? How does it compare in difficulty to CPCU or CLU?
mhw182
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by mhw182 »

The future conferment cermonies are on the site but you have to go to the bottom of the page on the institutes homepage.

http://www.aicpcu.org/Students/faq.htm#conferment

2011 Las Vegas, Nevada Oct. 22-25
2012 Washington, D.C. Sept. 8-11
2013 New Orleans, Louisiana Oct. 26-29

Yeah Buddy!
PatsFan2001
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PatsFan2001 »

Thanks mhw, but I was actually inquiring about the CLU conferment, not the CPCU conferment.
PatsFan2001
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by PatsFan2001 »

Anyone have any info on future CLU conferment ceremony locations??