EPLI as endoresement

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

JAM
Insurance Journal Addict

EPLI as endoresement

Post by JAM »

Here in CA I see Farmers policies that include an EPLI coverage starting 100k (up to $1 mil). Although I can often better pricing than Farmers on the BOP policies once I get a standalone epli in there Its more expensive than Farmers. Ive lost a few deals this way. What carriers offer this as a package? Allied has this but not in CA where we do business. Any Ideas are appreciated.
Western commercial hub.
www.premieroc.com
AgencyEquity
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: EPLI as endoresement

Post by AgencyEquity »

I have seen a few carriers do this, I think Safeco offers up to 25k (not a lot, but something),Travelers and Oregon Mutual I believe offers 100k. It's a great idea, since it's built into the BOP, it starts the conversation. Then a few years down the line, you can point out that 100k is not a lot and write them a stand alone policy for 1m or more. This is one of the most overlooked coverages, especially in a tight economy, yet most needed in this economy since jobs are not as easily replaced, which increases the likelyhood that an employee would pay a visit to an attorney!
http://www.agencyequity.com
The Premier Website for Insurance Agency Principals, Executives, and Producers with Executive-Level Business Needs