Condo Associations

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

JAM
Insurance Journal Addict

Condo Associations

Post by JAM »

Im working on a HOA policy that is currently with State farm. Need to know what standard markets are competitive in this segment. I have Travelers and Philadelphia but have not done one of these policies before. I need to come about 20% less than SF as it will be a midterm switch. Thanks
Western commercial hub.
www.premieroc.com
gmann1957
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Condo Associations

Post by gmann1957 »

What state?
JAM
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JAM »

California. We have Tarvelers and Philadelphia. I just wanted to see what aother bing players might be in this market so I dont waste my time applying to everyone. Thanks
Western commercial hub.
www.premieroc.com
gmann1957

Post by gmann1957 »

I have Starr Indemnity. Send us complete submissions if you'd like us to quote. They have been competitive in this marketplace.

send to : g.heitmann@ipariskmanagement.com
jack1978

Post by jack1978 »

Usually Travelers is the best for that risk in Ca, I have found.
quoteme08043
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by quoteme08043 »

Jam

Don't know if you are still looking. One way to beat SF is with a specialty D&O and Umbrella.
SF D&O has in the past not given coverage for nonmonetary damages (the top claims for condos) allthough I think they now offer it as an upgraded option. They also do not include the property manager as an insured under the policy.
4 great D&O markets for condos... USLI, CNA (through Ian Graham), Travelers (through kevin Davis), Great American (through Distinguished Programs).
Umbrella RPG markets strictly for habitational... Preferred Property Programs, Distinguished Programs, Kevin Davis.

Distinguished Programs also has a condo market, but the pricing is area specific.

Google any of these programs and they will come up.
aasquith

Post by aasquith »

Jam-

Check out Distinguished Programs. If it's a larger asociation, they may get pretty aggressive on it. Good luck!

www.distinguished.com
doyourhomework
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by doyourhomework »

In CA its Farmers with the coverages, the capacity and the price for HOAs. They fold in virtually everything and can provide ultrahigh limits for spectacular prices. BTW, if you don't have the political in at HOAs and have to cobble together what others provide in their standard form, its not worth it.