Starting New Agency

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

hoodbran
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by hoodbran »

tried to contact the company directly? - many have marketing departments that handle ageny stuff... Allmerica Financial from Worcester, MA might help...
ctan@dcmpower
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ctan@dcmpower »

Are you just focusing on Personal Lines?

Charkie Tan
DCM, Inc.
Mr. Met
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Mr. Met »

Contact your local SIAA Master Agency. To find out how to join visit http://www.siaa.net.
blueridgeins
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by blueridgeins »

I started my own agency last year as well. Similar years of experience. Have acquired 4 or 5 good markets. Homeowners is tough, but I did contact several carriers even though I did not meet their requested qualifications. Some talked with me, others put me off and some told me to get back with them after a year or two.

Its definitely worth a shot. Recd one appointment simply because of my persistent attitude. Some marketing managers are allowed to bend the rules if they feel you will be a good fit for their company and especially if they do not have sufficient representation in your area.

Good luck! Pam Baldwin
blueridgeins@alltel.net
InsuranceMaster
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by InsuranceMaster »

<!--QuoteBegin-Mr. Met+Sep 7 2004, 09:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Met @ Sep 7 2004, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Contact your local SIAA Master Agency. To find out how to join visit http://www.siaa.net. [/quote]
dito

You can also check out the other clusters like Networked Insurance Agents.
cenino

Post by cenino »

If you are going to join siaa be prepared to spend around $9000 to subscribe, of course it will be worth if you want companies like safeco and travelers but also they want a 15 year contract.

I am in the same situation and still trying to contact companies and sending application for appointments hoping someone will work out.

Good luck!

I am also in the Houston area.

You can join with IIAA they have an agency that will place your personal lines with them using safeco, travelers and their annual fee is only $250. (this is what i been told)
tsorrels

Post by tsorrels »

Stating new agency......you probably missed the phone book.

You might try calling 1-800-we-insure and talk with them. They have a leased vanity 800 number and lease it by county, by line of business.

I opened a second location and missed the phone book. I got an unsolicited email regarding the 1-800-we-insure number, called them and checked them out.

THe phone is ringing 7-8 times per day and we are closing most of those, so, the money was WELL spent!
InsuranceMaster

Post by InsuranceMaster »

<!--QuoteBegin-tsorrels+Sep 8 2004, 02:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tsorrels @ Sep 8 2004, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Stating new agency......you probably missed the phone book.

You might try calling 1-800-we-insure and talk with them. They have a leased vanity 800 number and lease it by county, by line of business.

I opened a second location and missed the phone book. I got an unsolicited email regarding the 1-800-we-insure number, called them and checked them out.

THe phone is ringing 7-8 times per day and we are closing most of those, so, the money was WELL spent! [/quote]
So how long have you worked for 1-800-we-insure?

Am I nuts or is your post completely unrelated?
Clozer
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Clozer »

I too am having the same issues, been contacting companies for a week now with lil luck, I'm in Mississippi. Any other input?

Clozer