Identity Theft Insurance

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

sunny
Insurance Journal Fan

Identity Theft Insurance

Post by sunny »

Looking for information on selling Identity Theft Insurance? Thanks!
bjwestner
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Identity Theft Insurance

Post by bjwestner »

If you want to sell it you should get in with Harvard Benefits. Working for them is kind of a scam from what I've read online as it seems to be an Aflac pyramid scheme, however, if you already are selling other lines of insurance and looking to add identity theft insurance then it may work for you.
sethm
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sethm »

Some companies now include identity theft insurance as part of their homeowners’ insurance policy. Others sell it as either a stand-alone policy or as an endorsement or rider to a homeowners or renters insurance policy. There's an informative article on this site about identity theft insurance. I suggest you read it: http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/na ... /94495.htm
robmejia
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by robmejia »

There are a lot of things that one can do to avoid identity theft. Thus, how can there be a need to purchase one at a hefty price? Instead of focusing on identity theft, why not look at purchasing other insurance plans that one would really need.
sunny
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by sunny »

bjwestner wrote:If you want to sell it you should get in with Harvard Benefits. Working for them is kind of a scam from what I've read online as it seems to be an Aflac pyramid scheme, however, if you already are selling other lines of insurance and looking to add identity theft insurance then it may work for you.
Thanks! I will look into it. Appreciate the help.