California Capital Insurance Co.

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Joe Agent
Insurance Journal Addict

California Capital Insurance Co.

Post by Joe Agent »

Does anyone have any imput on this company California Capital Insurance Co. Such as getting appointed with them. Are they easy to do business with? Do they have good claims service?

Thank you for your imput.
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

Joe Agent, I see your still trying to find a home. I think your on the right track. :D
I could be wrong with the following comment and I'm sure someone will let know. :oops:
California Capital Insurance, I believe is also California Insurance Group (CIG) and also part of Eagle West Insurance. This is a very good group of companies. They have a great home and auto program and their rates are competitive. Their commercial BOP appetite is good, not great but good. Their web site rating software is pretty good, needs help but their on the right track. If you can get appointed and handle the requirements go for it.
This would be a great start for you..... :)
Joe Agent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Joe Agent »

Still trying to find a home? I don't know what you mean.

I was researching CIG's prices and they are very good. Not that many agents in my area have appointments with them. I have met with them and should not have a problem getting appointed with them. I just wanted to see if anybody had any info on them.

Thank you for your input Sanddog.
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

Joe agent, your past postings, such as producer commission questions, appointment with different carrier questions, as led me to believe your fairly new to the broker side of this business. :shock: You may be an agent for farmers or allstate, statefarm. If wrong I don't mean to offend you, I would be sorry. :oops:

I know CIG will enough to answered your questions, if not to involved. And yes in comparison to street corner carriers, (farmers,allstate,statefarm) yes there rate are very competitive. They inspect unlike the corner carriers. So no submitted unprofitable business. :P
Joe Agent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Joe Agent »

I may be an agent for Farmers, Allstate, or State Farm. I am deeply offended. Just kidding! I have an independent agency.

I loaded CIG in FSC and tested their rates. They are really competitive in my area against my other carries. So I thought I mite add them to my portfolio. From what you are telling me they are a good company.
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

Yes CIG is a great addition to your family of carriers. The rates are good for auto and home, mono line or PKG. I personally would not waste time with mono line auto. What a maintenance nightmare. I mostly use their BOP programs.
They have their own FSC rater that you need to down load from CIG's web site. They have some differences that have been incorporated to fit the appetite. (Its Free) FYI, if you do a lot of personal lines, be sure to keep an eye on the bulletins. They just open up there DP-3 market no longer need to submit an HO-3. Beware they are picky, everything is inspected. High value must of alarm.
steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: California Capital Insurance Co.

Post by steve32 »

Has anyone else gotten appointed with them recently? How is doing business with them compared to the other preferred carriers?
psia01
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by psia01 »

Our agency was appointed with CIG in July of 2008. It took a year to convince them we were a good fit for them as they don't appoint everyone. They don't want an agency on every corner and they are very selective on both appointments and underwriting new business. So far they have been great to work with and are very competitive in the markets they want. Keep in mind they are very conservative in underwriting Homes when it comes to brush and slope issues. You would be expected to produce $250,000 in earned premium in the first 2 years to be considered for an agency appointment in Southern California .
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by volstrike3 »

Steve,

CIG and Safeco are my two favorite personal lines carriers to work with. Travelers and Allied are very competitive in my area but I prefer to work with CIG if I have the choice.
steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by steve32 »

Has anyone else recently gotten appointed with CIG? If so, how do you like working with them? How is their claims service?
AgencyEquity
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by AgencyEquity »

CIG is a fine company, their underwriting can be a little strict, but they do have some very favorable terms, including rates.
http://www.agencyequity.com
The Premier Website for Insurance Agency Principals, Executives, and Producers with Executive-Level Business Needs
Everett
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Everett »

Agree with AgencyEquity,
They policies are very strict, resulting their standards are high.
That is why every one wants to work with CIG.