- CompanyCharles Taylor TPA
- LocationSeattle, WA
- Posted OnMarch 9, 2017
Investigates, evaluates, disposes and settles the most complex claims and highest exposures with minimal supervision. Includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, compensability and reserving.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the P&I claims exposure, determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
• Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the P&I claims process.
• Able to clearly communicate concise action plans for moving claims to conclusion.
• Will demonstrate complete knowledge of handling claims arising under the Jones Act. Knowledge of the Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act helpful.
• Processes claims consistent with clients’ and corporate policies, procedures and best practices and also in accordance with statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to comply with carrier reporting and threshold requirements
• Able to maintain a timely diary and handle a full caseload, with proven ability to handle cases of increased severity.
• Perform other duties as required or directed.
• Serve as contact for 24 hour emergency on-call coverage, as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the individual classified in this position.
Bachelors degree required; JD preferred
How to Apply
Send Resume to CT.JobPosts@ctplc.com