- CompanyCharles Taylor Adjusting
- LocationNew York, NY / Chicago, IL
- Posted OnMarch 9, 2017
We are recruiting Executive General Adjusters who will be responsible for Investigating and reporting upon insurance losses for and on behalf of (Re) Insurers.
• Receipt of new claim instructions and initiating claims handling procedures
• Attendance at incident site (where applicable) to carry out thorough investigation of loss circumstances and damages sustained
• Liaise with official accident investigation agencies (governmental and/or commercial) and other agencies
• Evaluate and assess all elements which may impact upon Underwriters’ potential exposure
• Regularly liaise and report to Underwriters and other insurance practitioners regarding circumstances, damage, costs and cause of loss, including detailed assessment and reporting of settlement options and recommendations
• Regularly liaise with Insured or Third Parties to progress claims settlement
• Liaise and negotiate with prospective repair agents, manufacturers, third party claimants in respect of damages, repair work scopes, cost estimates. Review and report recommendations regarding costs and estimates with payment recommendation to Underwriters
• Provision of technical advice to other adjusters, external counsel and experts, in respect of liability and/or subrogation issues
• Where necessary to act as an expert witness in the litigation process
• Provision of general advice and assistance to Underwriters in respect of interpretation of policy conditions
• Liaise with Finance personnel to assist in prompt settlement of Fee Accounts
• To maintain existing and develop new Market opportunities. Meet with new and existing clients. Attend industry related events and meetings. Prepare written responses to requests for services.
• Ensure all adjuster licensing requirements are met.
• Mentoring and development of junior adjusters where required
• Work within assigned office budget to maintain productivity and WIP figures
• Assist in the development and effective marketing of Charles Taylor Adjusting
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within an office administration role. Relies on experience and judgment to interpret policies and procedures as established by senior management.
• Experience working under limited supervision and assuming responsibility for work performed and decisions taken.
• Has considerable autonomy over own activities but rarely has supervisory or technical project responsibility. The individual will also work under general directions within a clearly defined accountability framework.
• Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally and to maximize both people and budget resources.
• Strong interpersonal skills working co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal.
• Must show adaptability, initiative, and dependability and must maintain absolute confidentiality with respect to the Company’s proprietary information.
The ideal candidate will have Industrial, Commercial Property & Casualty or Energy experience.
How to Apply
Send Resumes to CT.JobPosts@ctplc.com