Yes, yes, yes, that's the new post on the same old topic again.
Many of you have read a lot of information on this subject and written several posts here, but in the age of technology info becomes outdated very soon, so I decided to start the same flame again. Most systems do the same thing, and I am not going to compare systems available feature wise, rather price wise.
Okay, after short introduction let's rush to the question:
Pricing level (sign up and recurrent) for the following systems for a small agency (1-5 people):
2. Applied TAM
3. Applied Epic (how Epic is that?
4. AMS InStar
9. Nasa Eclipse
I understand that the price level depends on many factors and is not the same in each case; however, I think with your help me and any other fellow agents that are thinking of agency management software should know the lousy tricks of salespeople, who are working 8 to 5 to upsell you. Given the economy situation, I don't want to pay $$$ for systems, that are available for $ and your help and input is appreciated here.
My best tip of the day: NEVER EVER DISCLOSE what is your agency volume. Or pay more for your soft.
Here is the info I received so far:
1. NexSure: ~$1.5K to sign up + $100/mo per user. "All you can eat" - everything is included. 3 users minimum required.
2. Applied TAM: $5.5K to sign up + $150/mo per user. Add another $150 for "carrier's download"
3. Applied Epic: $8K to sign up + $150/mo per user. Add another $150 for "carrier's download"
4. AMS InStar: $2K to sign up + $100/mo per user.
5. AMS 360: $4K to sign up + $150/mo per user.
6. Ebix: ? to sign up, $100 per month
7. EbixASP: ? to sign up, $100 per month
8. Hawksoft: ? to sign up, $100 per month
9. Nasa Eclipse: from $750 to $1,200 per year per user. No sign up fees.
Some companies are trying to convince you that the you MUST buy training. Well, the training is optional and it may cost anywhere from $0 to $1.5K for agency (up to 5 people)
Please share what you know about the pricing.