Willis Towers Watson
Consulting Actuary - Retirement
Posted on Oct 30 Saint Louis, MO 532 views
As a Consulting Actuary on the Retirement team, you will apply your consulting, technical, and project management skills in the areas of retirement plan valuations, design, compliance, and risk and financial management for all types of retirement plans including defined benefit, defined contribution and retiree medical. You will participate on teams that help organizations of varying sizes align their retirement programs to their company objectives.
In this role at WTW you will:
- Serve as a key resource on your teams reviewing necessary calculations and actuarial analysis on a wide variety of routine and special retirement projects
- Support your client teams with project management, day-to-day client contact and problem resolution
- Support your client teams’ lead consultants through the planning and execution of your clients over-arching retirement benefits strategy
- Engage with clients by participating in meetings and presentations and drafting other deliverables
- Act as a mentor or people manager for junior team members
- Work with a variety of colleagues and clients gaining exposure to different work styles
- Partner with other WTW lines of business to craft solutions
- Learn about WTW career paths to ensure you can progress within the company based on your own skills and interests
- Have robust learning and development opportunities including formal and on the job trainings, and mentorship programs
We trust our colleagues to work in a variety of settings. This role can be remote, hybrid or onsite.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, actuarial science, economics, finance, or related field
- 6+ years pension related work experience
- Actuarial credentials (ASA, EA required; FSA preferred)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Expert Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range and benefits information for this position are being included in accordance with requirements of various state/local pay transparency legislation. Please note that base salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to location of the role, individual competencies, education/professional certifications, qualifications/experience, performance in the role and potential for revenue generation (Producer roles only).
The base salary compensation range being offered for this role is $90,000 - $150,000 USD. This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):