How does workers’ compensation address employees who work outside the corporate walls? This guide will review the following:
- occupational injury and compensability
- employees “outside” the corporate walls
- gray areas in the “course and scope” rule
- occupational disease
- who works for the insured
- for whom is the insured responsible
- legal structure and its effect on workers’ comp
- contractual risk transfer and workers’ comp
This webinar transcript is presented by Chris Boggs of the Big “I” Virtual University.
Executive Director, Big I Virtual University
Chris Boggs is the Executive Director of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America (Big “I”) Virtual University. His current duties involve researching, writing, and teaching property and casualty insurance coverages and concepts to Big “I” members and others in the insurance industry. During his career, Boggs has authored more than 1,000 insurance and risk management-related articles on a wide range of topics as diverse as Credit Default Swaps, the MCS-90, and enterprise risk management. In addition to this, Boggs has written 15 insurance and risk management books.