Through its fourth quarter 2000 Commercial Insurance Market Index, The Council reported commercial property/casualty premium rates across all lines of the business and group medical coverage rose significantly over the last year. The Index also shows rates continuing to climb during the last quarter of the year. Perhaps the most dramatic changes for 2000 were rates for medium and large business accounts. Nearly all brokers responding to the survey saw some price increases for medium accounts. Of those, 78 percent said rates rose more than 10 percent since the previous year. The Index is based on a quarterly survey of The Council’s member firms, who represent the top one percent of agents and brokers in the U.S., and who place more than 80 percent of all commercial insurance premiums. Across the five commercial property/casualty lines—auto, workers’ comp, property, general liability, and umbrella—well over the majority of brokers reported hardened rates.
- Venture Capital, Traditional Insurer Interest in Insurtech Remains High
- AIG Names Leggett-Flynn as Chief Communications Officer
- Update: 6.2 Magnitude Quake Hits Central Italy; Death Toll Rising
- 101 Sales, Marketing, and Agency Management Ideas
- Court Denies U.S. Bid to Rehear Bank of America 'Hustle' Mortgage Program
- Americans Put Too Much Faith in Homeowners Insurance
- Former Travelers CEO Fishman Dies
- 'Kissing Up' to the Boss Has Unintended Consequences
- Failure of Uber Settlement Opens Door for Wage Claims
- Could This New Drug Ease America's Opioid Crisis?
- Americans Put Too Much Faith in Homeowners Insurance | Comments (63)
- 66% of Insurers Plan Increased Hiring Over Next Year: Study | Comments (21)
- Study: Bike Helmets Lower Risk of Brain Injuries, Death | Comments (10)
- 'Kissing Up' to the Boss Has Unintended Consequences | Comments (10)
- Former Travelers CEO Fishman Dies | Comments (8)
Research and White Papers
Sign up to receive insurance news alerts!
Editors and Contributors
submit an event
Quote of Note
September 14 / Spokane, WA2016 Washington Joint Conference and Trade Show
September 25 / Vancouver, BCNAMIC Annual Convention
September 25 / Atlanta, GA2016 NAPSLO Annual Convention