The Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc. (PIACT) elected officers during the association’s annual convention held last week at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods in Mashantucket, Conn.
Following are the new officers who will lead PIACT in 2014-15.
• President: Peter Frascarelli, chief operating officer for the Peter M. Bakker Agency Inc., in Avon, Conn.
• President-elect: Teri Walsh, president of Sachs Walsh Insurance in Westport, Conn.
• Vice president: Marissa Barbera, president of Charter Oak Agency in Darien, Conn.
• Vice president: Loretta Lesko, vice president of operations for the DiMatteo Group in Shelton, Conn.
• Treasurer: Mary Kay Andrews, vice president of operations for the Ion Insurance Corp. in Naugatuck, Conn.
• Secretary: Ken Distel, vice president of The Distel Group in Farmington, Conn.
• Augusto Russell will serve as immediate past president. Russell is a partner at May, Bonee & Walsh Inc. in East Berlin, Conn.
PIACT is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies and their employees throughout the state of Connecticut.