The Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc. (PIACT) announced that Loretta Lesko, vice president of operations for the DiMatteo Group in Shelton, Connecticut, has been elected president of PIACT for 2016-17.
An active member of PIACT, Lesko served as president-elect in 2015-16; vice president in 2014-15; treasurer in 2013-14 and vice president of the Administrative/Nominations Committee. She is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance Committee and is an ex-officio member of the Association Programs and the Legislative/Business Issues Committees. Lesko also is chair of PIA’s Western Connecticut Advisory Council.
In her community, Lesko served as treasurer of the St. Joseph High School Athletic Association and was on the Advisory Council for My Sisters Place, which supports the Center for Domestic Violence Services. Lesko is a board member for B H Cares Foundation.
PIACT also elected following new officers who will lead the association in 2016-17:
• President-elect: Ken Distel, vice president of The Distel Group in Farmington, Connecticut.
• Vice president: Marissa Barbera, president of Charter Oak Agency in Darien, Connecticut.
• Treasurer: Nathan Shippee, vice president of sales & marketing for Workers’ Compensation Trust in Wallingford, Connecticut.
• Secretary: Mark R. Connelly, president and chief executive officer of Fairfield County Bank Insurance Services LLC in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
• Teri Walsh, president of Sachs Walsh Insurance in Westport, Connecticut, will serve as immediate past president.
PIACT also elected nine Connecticut independent insurance agents to serve on its board of directors. The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a two-year term:
• Marissa Barbera, president of Charter Oak Agency in Darien, Connecticut. Barbera was re-elected vice president for 2016-17. She has served as vice president of the association from 2013-16 and secretary from 2012-13. She is vice president of the Association Programs Committee and is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance Committee and the National Flood Insurance Program subcommittee.
• Mark R. Connelly, president and CEO of Fairfield County Bank Insurance Services LLC in Ridgefield, Connecticut. Connelly will serve as secretary of the association for 2016-17. He also serves as member/consumer relations vice chairperson of the Association Programs Committee.
• William Malloy Jr., president of Wm. F. Malloy Agency Inc., in Stamford, Connecticut. Malloy serves as the legislative chairperson of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee.
• John McGuire, president of Ferguson & McGuire Inc. in Wallingford, Connecticut. McGuire is a member of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee.
• Kevin McKiernan, president of Abercrombie, Burns, McKiernan & Co., in Darien, Connecticut. McKiernan is conference chair of the Association Programs Committee. He also is a member of the Glenmont National Alliance Committee and an ex-officio member of the Western Advisory Council.
• Loretta Lesko, vice president of operations for the DiMatteo Group in Shelton, Connecticut. Lesko will serve as PIACT president for 2016-17.
• Shannon Rabbett, principal of Rabbett Insurance Agency in Windsor, Connecticut. Rabbett is conference vice chairperson of PIACT’s Association Programs Committee. She is immediate past president of the Connecticut Young Insurance Professionals, an organization dedicated to the professional and personal growth of newcomers to the insurance industry. It is an affiliate of PIACT.
The following individuals were newly elected to serve a two-year term as board directors:
• David Coyle, vice president of Sachs Walsh Insurance in Westport, Connecticut. Coyle joined Sachs Walsh in 2013 after retiring from Travelers ending 31 years of service with the company. Coyle is a member of PIACT’s Legislative/Business Issues Committee. He also is a member of the Western Advisory Council.
• Allison Gagliardi, principal of Troy Insurance Inc. in Stamford, Connecticut. Gagliardi is a member of the Association Programs Committee and the Western Advisory Council.
PIACT is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies and their employees throughout Connecticut.