Willis Group Holdings announced that six new members have joined Willis Networks, its alliance with local, independent insurance brokers in the UK.
Willis Networks is made up of the Willis Commercial Network (WCN), which represents larger independent brokers and Willis N2, representing smaller provincial brokers.
The WCN’s three new members are Powell Bateson Ltd, Portcullis Insurance Brokers Ltd. and Kingsland Robart & Co. Willis gave details as follows:
• Powell Bateson, based in Liverpool, has joined the WCN to access specialist niche expertise within Willis for their clients and future development plans.
• Headquartered in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Portcullis Insurance Brokers was founded by a team of four market professionals: Simon Page, Andrew Purdie, Damon Ashton and Company Director Phil Gooch who said, “We believe that the WCN is the best fit for our business. Willis provides support, expertise and flexibility along with all the bespoke facilities that will allow us to offer our clients a wider and more competitively priced range of quality insurance programs.”
• Established in 1984, Kingsland Robart & Co. in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, has particular expertise in high risk product liability insurance for the automotive sector. Brian Ellory, Principal, said, “We believe WCN’s purchasing power combined with personal service and 21st century technology will enable us to offer even greater choice and service to our clients.”
The three new Willis N² members are Britannia Consultants Services Limited, ASJ Insurance Services Ltd and Ifaeye Ltd:
• Britannia Consultants Services in Northwich, Cheshire was founded by former WCN member Elaine Farrell, previously of Barclay Brown, who has rejoined the Network with her new venture.
• Founded in 1994, ASJ Insurance Services in Solihull, West Midlands specializes in the engineering insurance sector with a large amount of its business coming from the construction industry and associated trades.
• Based in Edinburgh, Ifaeye offers a wide range of financial services in Protection, Investment, Pensions and Mortgages where it operates a fee-based model. Due to high client demand it has recently expanded into the commercial insurance space.
Phil Scarrett, Managing Director of Willis Networks, commented: “Our steadily growing membership shows the continuing strength and relevance of the Willis Networks community to those who wish to expand and develop their businesses. From start-ups to established names and brokers who have left consolidators, we offer sales support, training and access to our global resources.”
Source: Willis Group Holdings