Specialist Lloyd’s underwriter Marketform has announced a number of senior appointments, which are designed to strengthen its leadership team under the new chief executive officer, Martin Reith.
With the strategic review of the business nearing completion, the task force, which was set up to undertake the review, will now be dissolved and its members will integrate into the company, said Marketform in a statement.
- Ian Martin has been named managing director of Marketform, reporting into Martin Reith. His focus will be on improving the overall business and driving operational efficiencies, the company said. Martin was previously chairman of the Marketform task force. He is currently chairman of Belgravium Technologies, an AIM listed mobile computer solutions and data collection company. Prior to this role, he was CEO of Avesco Group Plc and a senior independent non-executive director at Ascot Underwriting and chairman of the risk committee.
- Mark Stockton has moved from the task force into the role of director, head of underwriting performance. To drive improved underwriting performance, Stockton will work closely with Marketform’s new chief underwriting officer, Darren Lednor, the underwriters and other key areas of the business: risk, actuarial, finance and claims. Stockton is a seasoned insurance executive with over 30 years experience in the international reinsurance industry and Lloyd’s, Marketform said. Most recently he was head of Syndicate Underwriting Performance at Lloyd’s where he was the senior executive responsible for Lloyd’s market oversight. Prior to that, he was president and CEO of White Mountains, Dublin, and CUO at La Salle Re in Bermuda.
- Deepon Sen Gupta, also a member of the task force, has moved into the role of corporate strategy director. Sen Gupta was previously an investment banker, specializing in non-life and specialty re/insurance. Most recently, he was a vice president within the Financial Institutions Group at Macquarie Capital and previously held FIG M&A roles within Fox-Pitt Kelton and Dresdner Kleinwort.
- Jagdis Barber has been appointed chief financial officer, moving from his previous role as head of operations, where he streamlined the function over the last few years. His appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
- Scott Gregory has been named communications and marketing director, having previously led the company’s corporate development activities.
- As recently announced, David Lednor has been named chief underwriting officer. Before joining Marketform he held the positions of active underwriter for Ariel Syndicate 1910 and 6117 and chief risk officer at Ariel Re UK Ltd and Ariel Re BDA Ltd.
“I’m delighted to be able to announce these appointments. This strengthened leadership team will be central to our strategy to return Marketform to profitable growth and deliver the change needed across the business,” commented Martin Reith, CEO, Marketform Managing Agency Ltd.
“Ian, Mark and Deepon have already played an important role as part of the task force I set up to lead the strategic review of Marketform,” added Reith.
“As the review reaches its conclusion, their new roles will enable them to further integrate into the business and help deliver the strategic priorities we identify. All of the changes announced today involve individuals with significant industry experience and strong track records; I look forward to working with them all in their new roles,” he said.