Iowa will hold its third annual Global Insurance Symposium April 26-28, 2016, in downtown Des Moines.
This year’s symposium is themed “Inspiring Innovation in the Insurance Industry.” Planners say registration for the event is now open.
The symposium is jointly sponsored by the Iowa Insurance Institute, the Federation of Iowa Insurers, the Iowa Economic Development Authority, the Greater Des Moines Partnership and the Iowa Insurance Division.
In addition to the main track, the Global Insurance Symposium has added a new Innovation Track, which comprehensively explores innovation opportunities and challenges.
Speakers include state insurance commissioners, industry leaders, regulatory representatives from various states, national offices and international organizations, and other experts in the insurance industry from around the world.
Speakers include the following:
- Julian Enoizi, CEO at Pool Re
- Rick Niu, chief executive officer and president at Starr Companies
- Maria Ferrante-Schepis, managing principal, Insurance and Financial Services at Maddock Douglas
- Jayne Plunkett, head of Casualty Division at Swiss Re
- Neil Sprackling, president, North America Life and Health Business at Swiss Re
- Paul Thanos, director for Finance and Insurance Industries at U.S. Department of
- Commerce’s International Trade Administration
- Jennifer Fitzgerald, CEO and co-founder at PolicyGenius
- Tom Sullivan, senior advisor, Division of Banking Supervision and Regulation at the Federal Reserve
- Adam Cassady, co-founder and CEO at Tyche
- Chad Nitschke, co-founder and CEO at Insure.VC
- Kyle Nakatsuji, principal at American Family Ventures
Additional speakers will be announced at a later date.
In addition, the ACORD Insurance Innovative Challenge will be held on Tuesday, Apr. 26, 2016, in Des Moines.
Created and led by ACORD, the insurance industry’s global standards and services association, the ACORD Insurance Innovation Challenge (AIIC) is an innovation competition-business incubator hybrid which identifies and promotes innovation in and for the insurance industry.
Source: Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Gerhart: U.S. Has a Good Story to Tell at the Global Insurance Symposium
- Iowa to Host Global Insurance Symposium in 2014