Chartis has introduced Pollution Legal Liability Select form (PLL Select), developed by its Environmental Division. PLL Select was introduced by Chartis 15 years ago in the environmental insurance market. The new PLL Select form protects against environmental liabilities that accompany commercial properties.
The new PLL Select form has retained menu-driven offerings of the original form and has been enhanced with a number of updates, including:
- An “upgrade to green” as part of restoration costs
- Expanded definitions of pollution conditions and clean-up costs
- A supplemental defense provision, which includes coverage for the expenses the insured incurs to assist in the investigation and defense of a claim
- A claim mediation provision that allows for the deductible to be reduced.
Environmental insureds also have access to policyholder programs, including:
- The Pollution Incident and Environmental Response program (PIER), which provides insureds access to a 24-hour emergency response network
- RiskTool, a Web-based environmental, health, safety, and property risk management resource
- Environmental Portal, a secure, Internet-based system that allows insureds to track environmental insurance policies for multiple site portfolios.