Argo Pro, a member of Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. has introduced a new cyber liability insurance product – information & Professional Risk Playbook(iPRP)– designed to address the exposures businesses face from their increasing reliance on information technology. In addition, Argo Pro has partnered with NetDiligence, a cyber risk assessment and data breach services company that provides post-incident online services for clients through its eRisk Hub portal.
“Advances in information technology have revolutionized the ways businesses attract, retain and interact with customers,” said Michael Carr, senior vice president and head of E&O Underwriting for Argo Pro. “Along with benefits in speed and efficiency, these changes have created a variety of new exposures to loss – from liability for content on corporate Facebook pages or YouTube channels to privacy fines to business interruption from systems compromises. The iPRP product was designed to address these exposures for customers in any industry, including the professional liability exposure for firms that provide information intensive services to others.”
iPRP targeted classes include accountants; auto dealers; healthcare providers; insurance agents & brokers, TPAs and regional insurers; manufacturing; wholesale and retail businesses; professional & technology services firms; public entities; restaurants and trade associations.
Key coverage features of iPRP include:
- Privacy coverage for unauthorized access or use of private data in any form including accidental dissemination and vicarious liability for third party vendors.
- First-party coverage for breach notification and mitigation obligations assumed under business associate agreements or similar contracts.
- Flexible breach mitigation solutions that can be tailored to the type of data compromised.
- Media coverage that extends to content posted on behalf of the insured company on third party sites.
- Defense expense coverage for contractual liability claims.
The iPRP will be distributed through select Argo Pro appointed wholesale retail brokers with in-house cyber liability underwriting and risk management expertise. It will be underwritten on Colony Insurance Co. paper on a non-admitted basis.
The eRisk Hub portal, powered by NetDiligence, will provide Argo Pro policyholders with information and technical resources that can assist them in the prevention of network, cyber and privacy losses and support them in the timely reporting and recovery of losses if an incident occurs. It features news, content and services from leading practitioners in risk management, computer forensics, crisis communications, legal counsel, and other highly-specialized segments of cyber risk.