American Safety Insurance has launched an enhanced version of its Site Pollution Impairment Legal Liability (SPILLTM) package policy, which was created specifically to cover pollution-related exposures from sudden and gradual releases of pollutants from insured locations.
The newer forms are more concise and clear with many new enhancements. The SPILLTM package now also provides:
- Coverage for sudden and gradual pollution events.
- On-site and off-site clean-up costs.
- Natural resource damages.
- Incidental mold growth.
- Emergency response expense.
- A claim and discovery triggering mechanism available.
- New and historical conditions can be included in one form.
- Punitive, or exemplary damages where insurable by law.
- Illicit abandonment of pollutants.
- Contracting services performed by the insured [CPL].
- Non-owned disposal sites [NODS].
- In-bound and out-bound transportation to or from a covered location [TPL].
- Policy includes a ninety (90) day automatic extended reporting period and provides for a optional extended reporting period.
ASI offers environmental products including: general liability, contractor’s pollution liability and professional liability coverage. Limits of up to $11 million are available, with minimum premiums beginning at $2,500 and minimum retention of $2,500. Project-specific policies are also available.