Safety National Casualty Corp. has released its Safe Patient Handling Evaluation Resource – a tool that helps evaluate healthcare facilities’ safe patient handling and mobility (SPHM) programs. Safety National has partnered with Atlas Lift Tech to add this complimentary resource to MAP Client Services, Safety National’s suite of risk control offerings.
The Safe Patient Handling Evaluation Resource will be available to all Safety National policyholders as an online assessment, with an additional in-person assessment available to select markets. The assessment evaluates the following components for effectiveness:
- Elements included in the existing SPHM program
- Attitudes towards a culture of safety
- Ergonomic design principals and equipment inventory
- Availability and utilization of SPHM technology
- Training and succession planning
- Inclusion of a patient-centered SPHM plan of care
- SPHM’s role in reasonable accommodations and return-to-work practices
- In-house evaluation for continued improvement
Safety National Casualty Corp. provides alternative risk funding products such as excess workers’ compensation, deductible casualty, loss portfolio transfers and reinsurance. Safety National is a member of the Tokio Marine Group.