The Texas Surplus Lines Association Inc. announced its slate of officers and directors for 2004 at the group’s forty-seventh annual meeting, held November 17, 2003 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Texas.
The new officers include:
• President – Banos Georgiou, executive vice president, Burnett & Company Inc., Houston
• Vice President – Marshall Leicht, executive vice president & marketing manager; Leicht General Agency, Houston
• Secretary/Treasurer – Don Etheredge, managing partner; Texas Commercial Insurance Facilities; Tyler
New directors are:
• Director – Gay Aulenbacher (3 year term), Texas All Risk General Agency Inc.
• Director – Lorrie Cheshier (3 year term), McClelland & Hine Inc.
• Director – Paul Rainey (3 year term), RSI International Inc.
Existing directors include:
• Director – Michael Berry, Specialty Insurance Managers Inc.
• Director – Len Kaplan, Delta General Agency Corp.
• Director – Don Meyer, Texas General Agency Inc.
• Director – Lana Parks, The Parks Group Inc.
• Director – Carl Roeder, Western Surplus Lines Agency Inc.
• Director – Kathy van Eeten, Crump Insurance Services Inc.
The TSLA Executive Committee consists of the current officers and the immediate past president, Paula Burnes, Swett & Crawford.
During the business meeting on Monday, the “President’s Award” was presented to Todd Teitell. Todd served as chair of the Legislative Committee and did an outstanding job during the legislative session held this year. He received a Texas shaped paperweight for all of his hard work and dedication to his committee this year.
The “Don King Committee Member of the Year” award was presented to the entire Legislative Committee, including: Greg Baker, Crump Insurance Services of Texas Inc.; Robert Kopal, Woodlands Insurance Services; Linda Mariani; Rosemarie Marshall, Heath Insurance Brokers of Texas; Carl Roeder, Western Surplus Lines Agency; Milton Yang, Evergreen General Agency
Committee members received this award for their outstanding service to the Legislative Committee. They all received a plaque for their service and dedication to TSLA. This award is given out each year in memory of past member and friend, Don King.
The Avrohm Wisenberg scholarship recipients were Lynn Cannedy, The Parks Group, Inc. and Ruby Flores, Myron F. Steves & Co. Lynn received a CIC scholarship and Ruby received a CISR scholarship. In addition, both recipients will receive a cash prize of $100 once their course is completed. The scholarships are donated to TSLA each year by the Society of CIC.
RSI International Inc. was the lucky firm to win the full ACSR scholarship donated to TSLA by the Independent Insurance Agents of Texas.