Texas top insurance regulator has named eight industry professionals to participate in an advisory group to work on issues related to windstorm insurance along the state’s coast.
The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) solicited participants for a technical advisory working group to assist Alvarez & Marsal Insurance Advisory Services (AMIAS) in developing and evaluating proposals to reduce the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association’s (TWIA) net exposure and improve policyholder service.
Insurance Commissioner Eleanor Kitzman has appointed the following members to the advisory group:
- Anthony Biello, Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Co.
- Phil Bowie, Willis Re Inc.
- Shannon Gilbert, United Services Automobile Association (USAA)
- Donald L. Griffin, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
- Lyndell W. Haigood, State Auto Insurance Co.
- Garry P. Kaufman, Galveston Insurance Associates (GIA)
- Ramon Lopez, United Services Automobile Association (USAA)
- Kirby Wisian, United Services Automobile Association (USAA)
The primary function of the advisory group will be to advise AMIAS. It is not subject to the requirements of Chapter 2110, Government Code. AMIAS will be solely responsible for directing and managing the work of the advisory group.