Texas-based The Woodlands Financial Group (TWFG) has announced a substantial expansion of its network, adding new branches in multiple states, from California to Virginia.
Many of the new branch managers are former “captive agents,” who are joining TWFG as a result of new programs that offer splits ranging as high as 80/20 for full service branch owners. The company is also offering a “managing general agent” and “referral program” as options, along with “sales only” branches with a 60/40 split.
Gordy Bunch, president and CEO of the retail and wholesale general agency, said this summer’s addition of more than 200 agents brings TWFG’s insurance services consortium of privately-owned and affiliated branches to 285 retail branches in 20 states and 2,200 independent agents in 38 states.
TWFG writes policies in 49 states from its headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. TWFG appears on Insurance Journal’s “Top 100″ list in the number 51 position – a jump of 16 spots in the rankings, reflecting a 31 percent increase in P/C premiums over 2010. Sales in 2011 grew from $159 million to more than $208 million. Last year, TWFG was also ranked number 15 in personal lines sales.
New branches now operating under the TWFG banner include:
- California: Helayne Warschaw, Ventura; Peyling Yap, San Mateo; Mimi Ooi, Sunnyvale; Veronica Gutierrez, Soledad; Loretta Bentley, Lomita; Thomas Snipp, Fontana; Joe Wijono, Fullerton
- Delaware: Elaine Halsted, Wilmington
- Illinois: Debi and Don Moore, Quincy
- Louisiana: Pat Morris, Baton Rouge; Charles Loescher, Chalmette
- Oklahoma: Katie Cannon, Shawnee
- Pennsylvania: Matthew Clay, Jenkintown
- Tennessee: Valerie Edwards, Bartlett
- Texas: Mark Brown, Sherman; John Janese, Keller; Marshall Jackson, Longview; Patrick Nganga, Dallas; Francisco Marroquin, Porter; Iris Pinkerton, Houston
- Virginia: Ethan Krash, Glen Allen
Source: The Woodlands Financial Group (TWFG)