The Texas Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) approved 12 renewals of the Certificates of Authority for companies to self-insure their workers’ compensation claims for a one-year period under the DWC Self-Insurance Program.
These companies collectively employ approximately 36,678 employees in Texas.
To qualify to self-insure, a company must have a minimum workers’ compensation insurance unmodified manual premium of $500,000 and meet other requirements subject to annual review.
The following companies renewed their self-insurance certificates:
- ABF Freight System, Inc., Fort Smith, Ark.
- Baker Concrete Construction, Inc., Monroe, Ohio
- Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas, Beaumont
- Driver Pipeline Company Inc., Irving
- General Motors Corporation, Southfield, Mich.
- Johns Manville, Denver, Co.
- Kiewit Corporation, Omaha, Neb.
- MasTec, Inc., Coral Gables, Fla.
- MeadWestvaco Corporation, Richmond, Va.
- Starbucks Corporation, Seattle, Wa.
- Superior Energy Services, Inc., New Orleans, La.
- Trinity Mother Frances Health System, Tyler
Source: Texas Division of Workers’ Compensation