Texas Speaker of the House Joe Straus has appointed Rep. Larry Phillips, District 62, as chair of the Texas House of Representatives Insurance Committee for the 85th session of the Texas Legislature.
This position was previously held by Rep. John Frullo, District 84, who now serves as chair of the Culture, Recreation & Tourism Committee.
The insurance committee also includes:
- Vice Chair, Rep. Sergio Muñoz, Jr., District 36
- Rep. Rodney Anderson, District 105
- Rep. Lance Gooden, District 4
- Rep. Tom Oliverson, District 130
- Rep. Dennis Paul, District 129
- Rep. Scott Sanford, District 70
- Rep. Chris Turner, District 101
- Rep. Hubert Vo, District 149
The insurance committee has jurisdiction over the insurance industry in Texas, all insurers writing coverage in the state, and certain state agencies. No bills have yet been referred to the committee, according to the Surplus Lines Stamping Office of Texas (SLTX).