Fatal Washington Fire Started by Pinched Cord

October 16, 2012

The Seattle Fire Department says a fatal fire early Sunday was apparently caused by a pinched electrical cord in a bedroom.

Firefighters found thick smoke coming from the apartment in the Greenwood neighborhood. The dead man was about 10 feet from the door. The resident of another apartment in the building was treated for minor smoke inhalation.

The fire department says the dead man’s apartment was piled with combustible materials and there was no working smoke alarm in the home.

Property damage is estimated at $300,000.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

More News
More News Features