Redondo Beach, CA-based Bliss & Glennon, Inc.’s Complex Casualty division of has launched a new specialty program for the nutraceutical/health/nutrition/natural products industry. The product is supported by a national AM Best “A+” rated insurance company with claims servicing expertise in the industry. Clients will be accepted from all 50 states.
Examples of targeted accounts are manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of dietary supplements, weight loss products, vitamins, minerals, bulk ingredients, pro-biotics, fruit juices, herbals, enzymes, fillers, foods with additives, botanicals, extracts, binding ingredients, skin crèmes, and scented candles.
Coverage form highlights include:
- CGL or products liability form, claims-made
- Up to $5 million/$5 million/$5 million with primary capacity available
- Deductibles starting at $2,500
- Blanket additional insureds included, along with waiver of subrogation and primary & non-contributory wording
- Worldwide coverage endorsement available
- 36-month extended reporting period available
- Defense outside limits available, aggregated at $1 million
- Limited ingredient exclusion list
- Limited product withdrawal expense coverage included
- Limited professional liability coverage included
- Limited technology security coverage included
- Limited CA Prop 65 coverage included
- Minimum premiums starting at $5,000