A report has found that an air sample taken underground at the Second Avenue subway construction site had excessive levels of a dangerous dust particle.
According to the New York Post, the sample was taken by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration on Nov. 9. It was released last week to Assemblyman Micah Kellner.
Residents in the neighborhood have long complained about the air quality around the site.
The MTA told the Post that the levels of silica found underground in the preliminary findings “under no circumstance impacts air quality at street level.”
Spokesman Kevin Ortiz said “silica does not float in the air, but rather drops to the ground.”
The Second Avenue subway line will be 1.7 miles long. It’s due to open in 2016.
Topics Training Development
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Judge Awards Applied Systems Preliminary Injunction Against Comulate
Experian Launches Insurance Marketplace App on ChatGPT
Insurance Broker Stocks Sink as AI App Sparks Disruption Fears
BMW Recalls Hundreds of Thousands of Cars Over Fire Risk 

