Ten families of 14 Oso, Wash. mudslide victims are suing the state, county and a forest owner.
The Seattle Times reported the lawsuit alleges the disaster was not natural, but the result of a series of actions and inactions.
The lawsuit was filed Friday in King County Superior Court. The Seattle lawyer who filed the lawsuit (Corrie Yackulic) says state law allows some lawsuits to be filed in an adjacent county.
The lawsuit claims the landslide formation that cut loose on March 22 had been studied extensively and the risks were well understood by local and state government as well as the owner of the land, but important information was not shared with homeowners.
It also alleges the state and county was not cautious enough when it allowed development below the side area.
Topics Lawsuits Washington
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
A 10-Year Wait for Autonomous Vehicles to Impact Insurers, Says Fitch
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup
Insurify Starts App With ChatGPT to Allow Consumers to Shop for Insurance
AIG’s Zaffino: Outcomes From AI Use Went From ‘Aspirational’ to ‘Beyond Expectations’ 

