Iowa’s Insurance Commissioner Susan Voss announced that she has made arrangements for unprecedented access to a Jan. 6, 2011, hearing that will be held at the Iowa Insurance Division, 330 Maple Street, Des Moines, Iowa.
The topic of the hearing is the rate increase request from Wellmark filed with the Division for individual policies sold in Iowa, which will increase by an average of approximately 11 percent on April 1, 2011, if the request is approved.
The Insurance Division has worked with contacts to provide remote teleconferencing locations throughout Iowa during the hearing. The teleconferencing of the hearing, which will physically occur in the Insurance Division’s Des Moines office building, will enable the public to hear any presentations or statements made during the hearing remotely from select locations, as well as provide an opportunity for consumers to make statements to the Commissioner during the public comment period.
Each remote site will provide speakerphone access to the meeting for anyone wishing to voice their comments or for anyone just wanting to listen to the process.
In addition to the Iowa Insurance Division office building, those who wish to attend the hearing in person may do so at the remote conferencing sites below. The hearing begins Jan. 6 at 9 a.m.
Remote conferencing sites:
- Anamosa Board Room, Jones County Courthouse, 500 W. Main St.
- Burlington Burlington County Courthouse, 513 N. Main St.
- Centerville County Courthouse, Board of Supervisors Room, 201 N. 12th Street
- Cherokee Cherokee County Courthouse, Board of Supervisors Room, 520 West Main
- Clarinda Page County Courthouse, 112 E. Main Street
- Corning Lauvstad Center, 710 David Ave.
- Council Bluffs Council Bluffs Chamber of Commerce Meeting Room A, 149 W. Broadway
- Davenport New Venture Center, 331 W. 3rd St.
- Dubuque National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, 350 East 3rd Street (Paddle Wheel Entrance)
- Elkader The Clayton County Board of Supervisors Office, 200 E. Bridge St.
- Estherville Emmet County Courthouse, 609 1st Ave. North (Boardroom)
- Fort Dodge Webster County Courthouse, 701 Central Ave. (First Floor Conference Room)
- Greenfield Andrews Memorial Center, 202 N Townline Rd.
- Grundy Center Grundy County Courthouse, 706 G. Ave. (Board of Supervisors Room)
- Ida Grove Ida County Courthouse, 401 Moorehead St. (Supervisor’s Meeting Room)
- Iowa City Mercy Medical Plaza, 540 E. Jefferson Street
- Jefferson The Greene County Extension Office, 104 West Washington
- Marion Marion City Hall, 1225 6th Ave.
- Mason City Cerro Gordo County Courthouse Boardroom, 220 N. Washington Ave.
- Montezuma Poweshiek County Courthouse, 302 Main Street
- Muscatine Muscatine Chamber of Commerce, 102 Walnut Street
- Ames Ames City Hall, 515 Clark Street
- Rock Rapids Lyon County Courthouse, 206 S. Second Ave. (2nd floor, Supervisor Board Room)
- Sibley Osceola County Court House, 300 7th Street
- Sioux City Western Iowa Tech community College, 4647 Stone Ave. (Room B127)
- Spencer Clay County Courthouse, Board of Supervisors Room, 300 W. 4th Street
- Waterloo Allen Hospital, 1825 Logan Ave. (Meeting Room 6, Parking Lot 2, Entrance 2)
- Waverly Bremer County Courthouse, 415 E. Bremer Ave. (1st floor meeting room)
- Webster City Hamilton County Courthouse Boardroom, 2300 Superior Street
Source: Iowa Insurance Division