The Insurance Marketing Communications Association (IMCA) named its 2007/2008 slate of directors and officers, with Cora Barran of Farmers Insurance Group continuing as IMCA president for her second year.
Barran is director of advertising for Farmers Insurance Group in Los Angeles. A Los Angeles resident, Barran has nearly 16 years experience in technical and underwriting positions, advertising and communications, mostly within the insurance industry. She joined IMCA in 1999 and has been a member of the board since 2003.
Other appointed IMCA officers are:
* Rich Look, vice president, Communications, Venture Insurance Programs—executive vice president
* Mitch Dunford, publisher, Insurance Journal—vice president
* Linda Collins, corporate communications manager, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.—secretary/treasurer
* Ron Rice, events manager, Russell Investments—immediate past president
* Reg Pierce, director of business development, The Bailey Group—past president (At Large)
Also elected to the board of directors for 2006-2007 are: Greg Calestini, Mercator Special Risk; Jack Makuch, Allstate Insurance; Rob Martin, The Co-operators; Madeline Johnson, Cincinnati Insurance; Randy Clinger, Swiss Re.; Peter Broadbent, Wahlstrom Group; Gary Kimball, Kimball Communications; Tom Wetzel, Thomas H. Wetzel & Associates; and Steve Ryan, AICPCU.