Professional Liability Insurance Services, Inc. – Underwriting Facilities, on June 1, launched business interruption and extra expense insurance coverage for bed bug infestations for lodging facilities.
The firms says it is the first to introduce the coverage. Policy features include:
- Loss of lodging revenue (business interruption) – no deductible
- Rehabilitation expenses (extra expense) – no deductible, also include:
- Cost of marketing efforts
- Overtime of regular staff
- Other mitigation related expenses
- Decontamination expenses for affected lodging room and lodging rooms immediately adjacent to affected lodging room – for the first $5,000 – no co-insurance applies (10% co-insurance applies after the first $5,000)
- Costs of cleaning, decontaminating or exterminating affected customer’s homes – no deductible
- First aid administered to customers onsite – no deductible
- Extortion threat payments – no deductible
- No waiting period / No loss threshold required to trigger coverage
- Up to six month period of restoration / rehabilitation available
The policy also includes the immediate crisis management services of Specialty Risk Management Inc. (SRM) and no deductible applies. SRM is a certified crisis management team that is available to assist during an incident by providing services such as a 24/7 customer/crisis information line, assistance with regulatory authorities and regulatory requirements and assistance with restoration of community reputation, effective marketing and media control. SRM is also available for preventive resources throughout the policy period including bed bug prevention checklists and access for information and questions.