The ACE Group has created an employment practices risk management tool with a global labor and employment law firm – Littler Mendelson (Littler). The new tool will be available to ACE’s primary EPL and private & not-for-profit company management liability policyholders. EPL Assist will provide legal content, forms, and analysis. In addition, insureds get advice directly from Littler lawyers through a secure web portal and a toll free hotline service. Littler has more than 950 attorneys in 56 offices throughout the U.S. and globally.
“Employers today face a dizzying array of employment laws and ongoing employment issues,” said Kenneth Latham, vice president, ACE Professional Risk. “Whether it involves discipline or termination, wage and hour, or even the new frontier of social media, the ever-changing legal requirements of these issues can have a devastating impact.”
Through EPL Assist, insureds can obtain:
- No cost, online and live hotline access to the legal experts at Littler
- Employment law updates, newsletters, and related publications
- A compendium of online employment law resources through a secure website, including unlimited access to such content as:
- Employment policies and practices
- A human resources forms library
- Sample employee handbooks, including supplement information for all 50 states
- State and national employment law summaries and reference materials
- 50-state surveys on various employment law essentials, including minimum wage and overtime requirements, protected classifications, new hire reporting requirements, meal and rest break requirements, and voting rights requirements
- Free webinars, podcasts, and other materials on issues of employment and labor law
- Complimentary registration to Littler’s nationwide breakfast briefing series
- Complimentary access to Littler’s webinars and podcasts
ACE Professional Risk (retail-focused division) and ACE Westchester Professional Risk (wholesale-focused division) are both part of the ACE Group, and are staffed by specialized teams of underwriters, providing management liability and professional liability products throughout the U.S.
Access to EPL Assist is limited to primary EPL and private & not-for-profit company management liability policyholders only. Littler is solely responsible for all content furnished with respect to the risk management program. Access to the program is voluntary and the content provided therein is for reference purposes only. Neither ACE nor Littler assume any liability in the use or reliance on such materials. Insureds are advised to seek the advice of counsel prior to utilizing any employment materials, including those provided in connection with the EPL Assist program.