The Insurance Council of Texas (ICT) has elected Bo Gilbert chairman of its board of directors, effective Jan. 1, 2014.
Gilbert is the assistant vice president for USAA Government Relations in the Midwestern Region. At USAA, he is responsible for local government matters for 13 states. Gilbert has 25 years in the insurance, regulatory and legislative arena. He has been at USAA since 2006.
Robert Zeman, corporate counsel for Allstate, was elected vice chairman. Lyndell Haigood, regional vice president of State Auto Insurance, was elected treasurer. Tom Fitzpatrick, senior vice president/branch manager of Chubb Group of Insurance Companies, was elected secretary.
Joe Johnson, vice president and regional manager of the United Fire Group, will serve as immediate past chair.
The other members of the ICT board of directors and their representatives are:
- Farmers Insurance Group: Frank Galitski
- The Republic Group: Ron Lawson
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Companies: Mike Gerik
- CNA: John Schramm
- Kemper Services Group: Dorothy Langley
- State Farm: John Stuckemeyer
- Travelers: David Lavergne
- Union Standard: Craig Sparks
Source: The Insurance Council of Texas