Insurance agent Christopher A. Brassard has been elected president of Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of New York Inc. (IIABNY), heading a new slate of officers for the state trade group.
Brassard — who recently spoke with Insurance Journal about the state’s new “transparency” rules — is executive vice president and director of Albany-based Ten Eyck Group. He has served on IIABNY’s board since 2004.
In addition to Brassard’s election, John R. Costello, CIC, first vice president of First Niagara Risk Management in Rochester, was elected to a three-year term as State National Director. Costello will represent IIABNY on the national board of directors of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America.
Other officers elected and re-elected to IIABNY’s executive committee for one-year terms included:
- Chair-elect Thomas J. Crowley, a partner in Maran Corporate Risk Associates in Southampton
- Secretary-treasurer Andrew J. Kaufman, president and a partner of Aurora Inc. Insurance Agency in Albany, elected .
IIABNY members also elected and re-elected the following regional directors to two-year terms:
- R. Todd Rockefeller, partner of DeRosa, Rockefeller, Sohigian & Werdal, Inc. in Harrison, and Kevin R. Crossley, vice president of AAA New York Insurance Services in Garden City, will represent New York City metropolitan and suburban areas
- William J. Oliver, president of The Partners Insurance & Financial Services Agency in Vestal, and John Schwab, president of Niagara National Inc. in Buffalo, will represent the central and western areas of the state
- Charles P. Shank, president and founder of Shank & Falvey Insurance in East Greenbush, will represent the state’s east and north areas
- Mark J. Hagan, of Perry & Carroll Inc. in Elmira, won a two-year term as an at-large member representative on the IIABNY Nominating Committee, which evaluates candidates for leadership positions and makes recommendations to the membership.
Elected to one-year terms as directors-at-large were David G. Evans, senior vice president of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Rick Morgan of Rick Morgan Consulting, Broomfield, Colorado; and John M. Wepler of Marsh, Berry & Co. , Willoughby, Ohio.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.