A lawyer who wants to sue Connecticut for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school shooting says the potential claim is about improving school security, not money.
Attorney Irving Pinsky says the claim is “about living in a world that’s safe.”
On Dec. 14, a gunman forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary and gunned down 20 children and six adults, then killed himself.
Pinsky says his client suffered “emotional and psychological trauma and injury” and he asked for permission last week to sue the state. Connecticut has immunity against most lawsuits unless it gives permission to go forward with a lawsuit. The claims commissioner couldn’t be reached for comment.
Pinsky says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm by not providing a safe setting.
Topics Oklahoma Connecticut
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
BMW Recalls Hundreds of Thousands of Cars Over Fire Risk
Insurify Starts App With ChatGPT to Allow Consumers to Shop for Insurance
Munich Re Unit to Cut 1,000 Positions as AI Takes Over Jobs
Florida Insurance Costs 14.5% Lower Than Without Reforms, Report Finds 

