Three Democratic members of Congress from Connecticut, New Jersey and New York are voicing concerns about automatic federal budget cuts that will trim federal Superstorm Sandy aid.
In a conference call on Friday, March 8, Connecticut Rep. Rosa DeLauro said last week’s cuts will slice roughly $2.5 billion from approximately $60 billion in federal storm-related aid, including funds for transportation, housing and mitigation efforts.
New Jersey Rep. Frank Pallone said the reductions mean “we’re not going to be able to do a lot of things that are necessary to rebuild the Jersey shore.”
Pallone said he’s also concerned automatic cuts will worsen delays in the National Flood Insurance Program because of possible employee furloughs.
New York Rep. Hakeem Jeffries called it “unacceptable” to reduce the aid after the region waited three months for an approval.
Topics Legislation New York New Jersey
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
How One Fla. Insurance Agent Allegedly Used Another’s License to Swipe Commissions
Zurich Insurance Profit Beats Estimates as CEO Eyes Beazley
Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles
Florida Regulators Crack the Whip on Auto Warranty Firm, Fake Certificates of Insurance 

